|Type:||Centre of Excellence|
|Name of insitution:||ENSEMBLE3|
|Organizational unit:||ENSEMBLE3 Centre of Excellence for nanophotonics, advanced materials and novel crystal growth-based technologies|
|Keywords:||group leader, Plasmonics, Metamaterials, Photonics, Optoelectronics, Physics, Chemistry, Material science|
ENSEMBLE3 is a new Centre of Excellence for nanophotonics, advanced materials, and novel crystal growth-based technologies located in Warsaw, Poland, created jointly by institutions from Poland, Germany, Italy, and Spain. The centre will work on the development of novel material technologies and advanced materials with unique electromagnetic properties, with potential applications in fields such as photonics, optoelectronics, telecommunication, solar energy conversion, medicine, and aerospace.
|European funding programmes:||Yes|
|Attachments:||GROUP-LEADER-APPLICATION-GENERAL.pdf (0.3 MB)|
Applications are welcome from the excellent scientists to establish and supervise the research group at the Centre. The group will be responsible for expanding applications for materials developed in the Centre to photonic and energy elements and devices, which will be beyond the-state-of-the art in modern photonics and optoelectronics. Various properties and functionalities of the crystal-growth materials which will be developed in the Centre have already been demonstrated. These could be developed into further applications, in addition to anticipated new ideas from the group leader and group members. Proposing novel ideas for crystal-growth based materials with a potential for acting as photonic or energy elements and devices will be the main scope of this group.
Key responsibilities include:
• Establishing and supervising the research group;
• Organizing and carrying out research efforts that will place the centre at the forefront of scientific developments worldwide;
• Collaborating with other groups in the centre;
• Disseminating results to the public and scientific communities;
• Applying for funding;
• Seeking industrial collaborations.
• Full-time employment;
• Opportunity to work in an innovative scientific environment;
• International cooperation with experienced researchers;
• Start-up package and funds allocated to running your group and recruiting other group members such as postdocs, PhD, and MSc students;
• Administrative support for recruiting, visa and related documentation;
• Access to well-staffed core facilities.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- CHEMICAL SCIENCES